Enhancing Mission Effectiveness for U.S. Special Operations Forces: Elbit Systems of America Demonstrates Tomorrow's Advanced Technology Capabilities at SOFIC
FORT WORTH, Texas, May 16, 2018
FORT WORTH, Texas, May 16, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
Providing advanced technology capabilities for America's Special Operations Forces is a priority for Elbit Systems of America, LLC. The company melds an innovative spirit with more than 25 years of experience in the U.S. to deliver ready and proven capabilities to enhance SOF operators' ability to understand, anticipate, influence, respond and adapt to operational environments. Elbit Systems of America will display mature, high technology readiness level solutions at the Special Operations Forces Industry Conference, May 22-24, 2018. The conference, known as SOFIC, will take place in the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, Florida.
"Special operations forces must be equipped with trusted and capable solutions that allow them to command their operational environments," said Raanan Horowitz, President and Chief Executive Officer of Elbit Systems of America. "Our company's innovative solutions offer enhanced situational awareness and precision accuracy in a variety of operational environments."
Examples of capabilities to be featured in Elbit Systems of America's booth (#1212) at SOFIC include:
- Enhanced situational awareness during day, night and in degraded visual environments. Through the integration of leading technologies from across the Elbit Systems enterprise, the company brings advanced capabilities to the fight. Advanced situational awareness and decision support solutions focus on all aspects of sensing, processing and displaying to provide rotorcraft, tilt-rotor and fixed-wing aircrews a decisive edge. Examples:
- Building and integrating a suite of sensors that fuse and display information with near-zero latency. More robust detection, classification and tracking.
- Open system architecture to enable the seamless integration of computer-generated entities that leads to more effective mission training and rehearsal.
- A degraded visual environment solution that uses intuitive 3-D grid symbology.
- Wide field of view helmet displays for optimized human-machine interfaces tied directly to emerging weapon solutions.
- Large area touch displays that provide the crew with quick access to critical information.
- Cost-effective stand-off capabilities to engage moving or static targets in various conditions and longer ranges in complex terrains. The company's loitering munitions, advanced targeting systems, and laser and multi-mode seekers for precision guided munitions deliver increased accuracy and flexibility, while minimizing collateral damage.
- Loitering munitions also provide advanced surveillance and additional strike capabilities that reduces time between target identification and impact.
- Advanced and lightweight targeting systems provide SOF day and night capabilities for reconnaissance, surveillance and targeting missions.
- Highly-accurate laser seeker capability with options for additional modes to address GPS-denied and challenging optical tracking environments to ensure an accurate and sustained fix to target.
- Small unmanned aircraft systems that are easily deployed and may be configured with a multitude of sensors tailored to the mission.
- Increased aircraft mission availability and reduced operating cost. The company offers contractor logistic support services and cockpit upgrades for military aircraft platforms. These include site and depot level maintenance, material management, engineering services, aircraft modifications and cockpit upgrades that sustain aircraft mission readiness.
- Embedded synthetic training for real world threat engagement scenarios. Embedded training systems integrate with current aircraft displays and cockpit controls to network between aircraft and provide collective training. The systems evaluate crew survival information for subsequent download and review during post-flight debrief.
About Elbit Systems of America, LLC
Elbit Systems of America, headquartered in Fort Worth Texas for over 25 years, is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: http://www.ElbitAmerica.com or follow us on Twitter.
About Elbit Systems
Elbit Systems Ltd. is an international high technology company engaged in a wide range of defense, homeland security and commercial programs throughout the world. The Company, which includes Elbit Systems and its subsidiaries, operates in the areas of aerospace, land and naval systems, command, control, communications, computers, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance ("C4ISR"), unmanned aircraft systems, advanced electro-optics, electro-optic space systems, EW suites, signal intelligence systems, data links and communications systems, radios and cyber-based systems. The Company also focuses on the upgrading of existing platforms, developing new technologies for defense, homeland security and commercial applications and providing a range of support services, including training and simulation systems.
Elbit Systems of America and other trademarks, service marks and logos are registered or unregistered marks of Elbit Systems of America companies in the United States and in foreign countries. Copyright ©2018 Elbit Systems of America. All rights reserved.
Forward Looking Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements (within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended) regarding Elbit Systems Ltd. and/or its subsidiaries (collectively the Company), to the extent such statements do not relate to historical or current fact. Forward-looking statements are based on management's expectations, estimates, projections and assumptions. Forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve certain risks and uncertainties, which are difficult to predict. Therefore, actual future results, performance and trends may differ materially from these forward-looking statements due to a variety of factors, including, without limitation: scope and length of customer contracts; governmental regulations and approvals; changes in governmental budgeting priorities; general market, political and economic conditions in the countries in which the Company operates or sells, including Israel and the United States among others; differences in anticipated and actual program performance, including the ability to perform under long-term fixed-price contracts; and the outcome of legal and/or regulatory proceedings. The factors listed above are not all-inclusive, and further information is contained in Elbit Systems Ltd.'s latest annual report on Form 20-F, which is on file with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. All forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this release. The Company does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
SOURCE Elbit Systems of America, LLC