Supporting the U.S. Air Force Mission: Elbit Systems of America Showcases Advanced Capabilities and Solutions at Air Force Association Conference
FORT WORTH, Texas, September 12, 2017
FORT WORTH, Texas, September 12, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Elbit Systems of America, LLC, will display its portfolio of advanced capabilities and solutions for the United States Air Force (USAF) at the annual Air Force Association Air, Space & Cyber Conference. This year's event will take place Sept.18-20 at the Gaylord National Harbor conference center in Oxon Hill, Md. Elbit Systems of America's exhibit will be located in booth 801.
"We are proud to salute all Airmen - past, present and future - as the U.S. Air Force celebrates its 70th anniversary this year," said Raanan Horowitz, president and CEO of Elbit Systems of America. "As Elbit Systems of America marks its 25th anniversary, we remain committed to supporting the U.S. Air Force perform its missions that help keep America safe."
Examples of the company's advanced technologies, capabilities and solutions that support U.S. Air Force missions include:
- Enhanced situational awareness for U.S. Air Force missions during day, night and degraded visual environment.
- Pilots using the F-35 helmet-mounted display, achieve greater situational awareness with the integration of three advanced technologies: Head Up Display (HUD), helmet-mounted display, and visor-projected night vision. The F-35 Helmet Mounted Display System (HMDS) is a member of the Visor Projected Helmet Mounted Display family that includes the Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS) Classic, Digital JHMCS, and JHMCS II. These HMDS are offered through a joint venture between Elbit Systems of America and Rockwell Collins, Rockwell Collins ESA Vision Systems LLC (RCEVS).
- Through the advanced technology of the Digital Eye Piece and JHMCS, USAF pilots are able to transition easily from day to night operations while in flight, providing the advantage of a 24/7 helmet mounted display capability and cueing capability utilizing current night vision goggles.
- SKYLENS displays high-resolution flight information, images, and video on a high transparency visor without a flight helmet. A component of the ClearVision Enhanced Flight Vision System, SkyLens' wearable display provides pilots improved awareness day or night and in all-weather situations.
- The Large Area Display (LAD) provides improved legibility in extreme light conditions with high-definition symbology and ultra-wide viewing angles. Elbit Systems of America, LLC, was recently awarded a contract by Lockheed Martin Aeronautics to develop the new Panoramic Cockpit Display Unit for the F-35 aircraft.
- Health monitoring capabilities for pilots. Non-invasive, real-time monitoring of pilot vital signs provides early warning and training for hypoxia and/or high G-force conditions. The Canary Pilot Health Monitoring system is fully integrated into Elbit Systems of America's line of next-generation HMDs.
- Advanced Crew Station (ACS) processes critical data. The F-15 next-generation cockpit solution reduces the pilot's workload by providing critical data. The ACS optimizes tactical situation displays, processes advanced applications and provides high-definition formats for advanced sensor video presentations.
- Cost-effective capabilities to engage moving or static targets in various conditions. Elbit Systems of America's small, lightweight precision munition seekers are highly accurate against stationary and high-speed moving targets. Laser seekers and sensors provide increased accuracy and flexibility and minimize potential for collateral damage.
- Increased aircraft mission availability and reduced operating cost. The company offers contractor logistic support services and cockpit upgrades for several military aircraft platforms. These include site and depot level maintenance, material management, engineering services, aircraft modifications, and cockpit upgrades that sustain aircraft mission readiness. Additionally, Elbit Systems of America's subsidiary M-7 Aerospace LLC, through type certificate ownership, is the original equipment manufacturer of the RC-26/Metro aircraft.
- Early missile warning threat detection and improved aircraft survivability. The combat-proven IR Missile Warning System for the F-16 aircraft provides pilots earlier and improved situational awareness of threats.
For a quarter of a century, employees of Elbit Systems of America have been entrusted with performing high-quality work knowing that it protects and saves lives. In addition to providing an array of advanced cockpit solutions to enhance pilot situational awareness, the company also provides capabilities for our nation's border patrol agents, commercial pilots, sustainment and support solutions, as well as life-saving medical instrumentation technologies.
About Elbit Systems of America, LLC
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: http://www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
About Elbit Systems
Elbit Systems Ltd. is an international high technology company engaged in a wide range of defense, homeland security and commercial programs throughout the world. The Company, which includes Elbit Systems and its subsidiaries, operates in the areas of aerospace, land and naval systems, command, control, communications, computers, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance ("C4ISR"), unmanned aircraft systems, advanced electro-optics, electro-optic space systems, EW suites, signal intelligence systems, data links and communications systems, radios and cyber-based systems. The Company also focuses on the upgrading of existing platforms, developing new technologies for defense, homeland security and commercial applications and providing a range of support services, including training and simulation systems.
Elbit Systems of America and other trademarks, service marks and logos are registered or unregistered marks of Elbit Systems of America companies in the United States and in foreign countries. Copyright © 2017 Elbit Systems of America. All rights reserved.
Forward Looking Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements (within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended) regarding Elbit Systems Ltd. and/or its subsidiaries (collectively the Company), to the extent such statements do not relate to historical or current fact. Forward-looking statements are based on management's expectations, estimates, projections and assumptions. Forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve certain risks and uncertainties, which are difficult to predict. Therefore, actual future results, performance and trends may differ materially from these forward-looking statements due to a variety of factors, including, without limitation: scope and length of customer contracts; governmental regulations and approvals; changes in governmental budgeting priorities; general market, political and economic conditions in the countries in which the Company operates or sells, including Israel and the United States among others; differences in anticipated and actual program performance, including the ability to perform under long-term fixed-price contracts; and the outcome of legal and/or regulatory proceedings. The factors listed above are not all-inclusive, and further information is contained in Elbit Systems Ltd.'s latest annual report on Form 20-F, which is on file with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. All forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this release. The Company does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
Reporters interested in learning more about these technologies and Elbit Systems of America should contact Rod Gibbons, Senior Director of Communications, at 682-238-9861 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
SOURCE Elbit Systems of America, LLC